Monday, July 23, 2012

The use of technology

Living in an IT savvy era where the technology is constantly improving and upgrading, it is necessary that teachers utilize technology in their teaching to provide children with a different medium of learning. Children of the later generations are exposed to technological gadgets more than they are exposed to books, thus, they are certainly not new to computers, laptops, or even touch pads. 

Personally, I would love to use technology in my lessons as I know that my students would be very excited and happy to be learning through a different approach. Through learning software, the concepts would be presented in a more visual way and less explaining is required from the teacher. Rather, the teacher could perform more demonstrations as she teaches with the software to allow a better understanding for the children. However the use of such software should be done during the middle of teaching a concept as they are pictorial to absent; children have to be exposed to the concrete part of learning prior to this stage. This could therefore be used for follow up activities to reinforce the concepts being taught to them previously or in extending their learning to another level. 

Unfortunately, my centre does not possess such resources and software in which I could utilize in my teaching, thus I am unable to share a personal experience of using technology to conduct lessons. I am however, supportive of using technology in my lessons and would be keen to purchase any useful software if I am able to get it at affordable rates. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment